Saturday, June 7, 2008

"Don't Cry Mommy"

It's 100 degress down here (literally) so we took the boys swimming at Ken's parents' house. Opposite of most situations, James is the daredevil and Nathanael is the scared one. Nathanael likes being in the water, but needs to feel very secure that hes' not going to go under.
James, on the other hand is a little water bug with no fear - he did a front flip off the diving board today. He has to wear "floaties", but he's not scared at all.
Taylor loves the water - splashing around. He was in his little baby tube and I looked over and his head was down on the tube, he was out cold...pacifer floating away and all. I took him up to the house for a nap! It was too funny though.
The strangest thing happened with me though. I jumped into the pool, going down to the bottom of the deep end and all of a sudden it felt like my ear had exploded. I got to the top and out and I felt like i was going to vomit. Long story short - I ended up in urgent care and I cracked my eardrum. The pressure was just right to "blow" it out. So, I can't take a shower, swim, or blow my nose for a week. Now it just feels like I have alot of water in my ear. Nathanael was too cute though. I was sitting by the pool crying and he came over and gave me his toy fish to make me feel better.
So....after that saga, we had the boys at home and were playing outside in the waterhose and james got sting by a bee and was screaming bloody murder. Once we got him calmed down, our last resort for water fun in the 100 degree sun was.... BUBBLE BATH!!! Big boy Taylor even got into the fun.

1 comment:

growingnorrisfam said...

I love it, this picture in the bath tub is to cute!!