Monday, September 17, 2007

A Moment

Finally! A moment to stop, smell the roses, and post to the blog!
James and Nathanael came to us on Monday, September 10th at 5:30 pm. They are wide open! They are full of fun and laughter! James is going through the 'terrible 2's" and Nathanael is just a grumpy little soul. His personality, and the facial expressions he makes just crack us up! They are so precious! James likes to be my 'helper' - push the cart at the grocery store (Amy - thanks for the "one finger touch' rule - it works!), wash dishes, mop, etc. He makes more of a mess, but I let him know how good of a helper he is! He's getting better on the potty too! I can't tell you how many times a day I say things like "good boy!", "good listening", "awesome!", blah, blah...We are slowly getting into a routine. These boys love to eat, that is for sure! They eat tomatoes and peas, cantaloupe, green beans, and most of all..."I want Chicken Nuggets!!!" James whales, with a tiny, barely audible "peeeease (please)". Ken's parents are loving them to pieces. Today they bought a swing set for the front yard. They have been a huge help! We've gone on a few outings - to Imagination Station, the playground, mommy's work, grocery store, and of course church. The first outing, it took me 2 hours to get everyone up, fed, and dressed!! I'll get better! I'll post pictures as soon as I get some downloaded. They are truly beautiful, a gift from God. They are teaching me patience by the second.

1 comment:

Kelly Miller said...

I'm so happy for you guys - but more so for those babies. They are so lucky to have you guys - and you, them. Let us know how we can help!