Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Smile

Taylor's smile...really, is it just me, or does your baby's smile just melt your heart? He is so precious. I was reading today about babies his age and realized I should be having him 'play' with objects of multiple colors. I do hav a playmat he lays on and there are these animals that hang above him, but I just want to make sure I am stimulating his brain properly. With him being cocaine positive, I was told that orchestral music would be good to help order his brain functions. I must admit I've been delinguent in that. It's difficult. taylor is on the total opposite schedule of the other 2. James and Nathanael go to bed at 8, and Taylor is wide eyed and raring to go from 8 to about 11 at night, by which point I am so tired. The good thing is though, that when James and Nathanael are the most needy of attention (dinner, bedtime), Taylor is not a distraction from them. Hmmm.... Any suggestions?

Day 2 at daycare went well, and they are obviously keeping them on the go, because James and Nathanael both went to bed right at 8:00, no fussing or anything. They must have been really tired!

2 comments:

Kelly Miller said...

Sounds like Taylor is going through a growth spurt. You could try setting a routine for him - every night do the same things and help him wind down. It's probably hard, though, to wind down with 2 toddlers in the house. Maybe your goal can be to start his routine at 7 pm and hope to have him in bed by 9 pm? I've read it takes 3 days to establish a routine, so while it's tricky, it's definitely do-able!

Susannah said...

Could you play the classical music in the car? Also, I highly recommend the Baby Einstein videos, which all should have some classical.