Thursday, October 30, 2008

Ouch

Nathanael had a rough day! He was having a bit of a tantrum at daycare and swung a pretty heavy toy up overhead and the momentum threw him forward and he tripped and hit his head on the tile floor. Apparetnly it sounded just awful when he hit bc the teacher called for the director and was kinda freaked out. For the next hour, he sat pitifully on Betty Lou's lap crying for mommmy. Well, dumb mommy didn't charge her cell phone last night, so the daycare couldn't get ahold of me. Ken's cell doesn't work where he works, so it was a good hour before they got ahold of Ken. Anyway, I met Ken at the daycare and Nathanael looked terrible. Just pale and lethargic and crying. I picked him up and he was just limp. He couldn't keep his eyes open, I kept trying to rouse him. We decided to take him to the urgent care, but two minutes into the car ride (I was sitting in the back right next to him trying to keep him awake and not crying too much), he massively puked all over me. Ken whipped the car around and flew to the emergancy room instead. They took us right in and long story short - he has a mild concusion (sp?). Luckily, they said it was okay for him to go to sleep, which he immediately did once I stopped pestering him. They did a CAT scan, and thank goodness he was lathargic at that point, bc he would've been so scared. They let me kinda lay on top of him to hold his head still and they told me to tell him we were going in a space ship, which worked. He thought it was pretty cool. There was no bleeding in the brain - thank you God. Ken teased Nathanael saying it was so good to know that he DOES have a brain in there! So, he was just pitiful for several more hours. They told us to wake him up every 2 hours and to bring him back if he threw up again, which he thankfully didn't.
A day in the life of parents with three little boys.

1 comment:

Kelly Miller said...

I'm so glad he's okay! What a scary fall. I can't even imagine Nathanael being lethargic.