Wednesday, November 5, 2008

"Moss, Party of Six"

So, we've decided to jump on in! The tentative plan is that Anna will come to our home in mid-December. Right now, she is with a foster family in Cumberland County that fosters infants until they find a placement. Ken and I wanted to wait until after the first court date to make a decision (wanted to make sure the court wasn't going to give anna right back). The parents did not show up for court, or have they shown up for a visit with her in the last 3 weeks. The first trial date is November 24th, where Social Services will switch Anna's placement to be with us, since we have the siblings. That's the time the parents will get their 'to do' list to regain visitiations with her. So...we have a long process in front of us. Of course, once we get her, we'll want to keep her, and I hope it all works out for the best. We've talked to the boys about it a little bit...I asked James and Nathanael how they would feel about another baby in the house, and James said "2 babies...?" Anna is only 11 months younger than Cooper, so yes, 2 babies. She will be 6 months on December 16th and Cooper will turn 17 months on December 14th. I don't know if we'll have to call her Anna (probably) or if we can go ahead and call her by a name of our choosing (which will be Katie Ann once we do get to choose!)... short for Katherine Ann. This is my Muzzy's name, exect with a K for my aunt Kathy. Also, my mom's name is Ann. If it were up to James and Nate, they want to call her Sally...well, the girl car in the Lighting McQueen movie is Sally, so why wouldn't they choose that name. It's hilarious bc that was my favorite name when I was little! i had a pet guinea pig that I named Sally after my cousin who I thought was SO cool.

I hadn't blogged about it yet, because I still felt a little unsure that this was all going to happen, but I talked to our social worker yesterday, and she is coming out to re-license our home for 4 children, and she said there is no way we won't get her since we have the siblings. I believe her words were "oh yeah, you'll get that baby. NC wants siblings together, that judge will be giving her to you." So, that made me feel better. Anna's social worker is, thank God, the same foster worker that the boys had. She said just to hold off on buying anything pink until the Nov 24th court date...that is SO hard to do!!!

3 comments:

Kelly Miller said...

I happen to know someone with a small-for-her-age little girl who has tons of clothes, etc.... just an fyi.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Moss family! I am excited for you and wish you luck. I can see where a bigger house may come in handy! : ) Much love, Sus

Pancake's said...

How Wonderful! You have been in my thoughts and prayers. God has placed his hands upon you both and the boys. Let meknow what the Great Aunt can do (even though I'm too young to be one) Suzanne