Monday, September 29, 2008

Dilemma

This was the vocabulary word of the day on some cartoon we were watching...and boy, do we have one. Social Services called on Friday to let us know the boys' biolgoical sister, Anna, has been taken into custody, is in emergancy foster care, and can we take her? PS...want an answer by Monday. Ken and I kinda freaked over the weekend, so conflicted. Deep down, I want her so bad, but we do have to think about some realities - like how the boys would react mainly. I called the social worker today to tell her we really needed a little more time to make a decision, and she said it was fine, and maybe even better. She said Anna (3 months) is in a really good foster home, and that the bio parents will go to court again in 37 days. At that point, we will have a better gauge on whether or not the parents have even made an attempt to get a job/housing. It would be terrible to bring her in the house and her have to go back...bad for us, bad for the boys. In the meantime, we talked to our pastor about it and he gave us some good advice on decision making. According to the social worker, Anna has plumped up (she was 5 pounds at birth). She has a round face like Cooper, light skin (not as light as Nathanael), and light brown hair that is "crazy like Nathanael's".

3 comments:

growingnorrisfam said...

I will keep you guys in my prayers I know that has to be a very hard decision. Kind of weird how I just talked to you about her last weekend Meg and then they all of a sudden call. Well keep me posted.

Anonymous said...

Meg - I know we don't see each other often, or for that matter talk that much anymore, but please know that I think of you often. You are an amazing woman and I'm so proud of the mother you've become. Good luck with finding peace in whatever decision you make. Love, Kirsten

Robin said...

Meg, that's crazy. I know whatever decision you make will be the right one for you guys, the boys and Anna.