Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Happy One Year Anniversary to the Expanded Moss Family

Let's take a look back one year....Sept 9, 2007...I'd had a good night sleep, woke up around 7...slothed through the morning, had a full day at work, headed to the gym for about an hour, came home and had a bowl of ceral for dinner, watched tv on the couch...then the next day...Sept 10, 2007...my stomach was in knots knowing the boys were coming that day. I left work early to come home and make sure everything was ready. I cooked an actual dinner, and Ken and I welcomed James and Nathanael home. Dinner mostly ended up on the floor, and bath time was more like 'soak the entire bathroom' time, and bedtime, well, I rocked, sang, re-tucked in, etc for at least an hour. Then I held Nate, walked him, bounced him (remembering he was 19 months at this point), gave him a 2nd bottle, tryed to console his blood curdling screams, and finally collapsed at almost midnight. About 2 am I was back up bc James woke up and was scared to death...I ran into the bedroom and he was on his knees sobbing. I held him and rocked him back to sleep.
Fast forward a year...Sept 10, 2008. Cooper wakes at 5:30 with a little whine, I give him a bottle. James and Nathanael crawl into our bed about 6:00 to wake me up. We go through the morning routine of dressing, teeth brushing, getting into the van and to daycare, then me off to work. After work, I came right home and daddy cooked dinner while I built block castles with the 3 boys. Other than the regular reminders toddlers need, dinner was quiet. The boys sat in their seats, didn't try to eat off the floor, said prayers before they started eating, and even asked to be excused. Bed time was us reading books, taking baths (James first, then Nathanael and Cooper), tuck ins, I sang my round of: "Good Night (from camp alleghany), Amazing Grace and Jesus Loves Me. Gave James and Nathanael their good night hugs and kisses. Meanwhile, Cooper fell asleep in the playpin. All is quiet at 8:45 pm.
Don't get me wrong, I now have to get sippy cups and bottles ready for tomorrow, pick out 4 outfits and pack the diaper bag, but that's just part of daily life!
What a difference a year makes!!

4 comments:

Kelly Miller said...

What a sweet post! Now we need a then and now photo of each boy so we can see how much they've grown!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you and the boys! Happy birthday to MEG! We are so happy for you on both fronts. Meg, have a great day on your 33rd! - Love, Sus, Jonathan, Emma, and Alex.

Tom and Elisabeth Galperin said...

Meg and Ken- A big congrats to you 2, for providing the love and support the boys needed to be such loving and happy little boys. You are a miracle in their lives. Hope the next 12 months are as happy as the past!

- Elisabeth & Tom

growingnorrisfam said...

It also shows what a difference a set of good parents make. You guys deserve a huge pat on the back, because you never gave up on these little guys and never will. If only other parents could look, listen and learn from you guys. Great job, keep up the good work!!