Sunday, November 9, 2008

Long Day

I have to say, this has been one of those days with a 3, 2 and 1 year old. James and Nathanael fought all day today, they simply could not share, could not play together...it was an exhausting day of enforcing turn-taking, 'organizing' playtime, go to your room to calm down, etc, etc...and on top of all that, little Cooper is teething like crazy. Fussy, crying, drooling, just pitiful. But dispite it all, at the end of the day when I put James and Nathanael to bed...we had our regular routine, and I lay down with each of them for about 5 or 10 minutes. Even though I felt like Ken and I had been fussing the boys out all day, James still wanted me to sing to him - Amazing Grace, the Good Night song, Jesus Loves Me, the pancake song, the sausage song, etc... And Nathanael babbled his random assortment of thoughts that only a mommy could understand. (How could a space ship, a man that fell off a ladder, a brain, fire ants and a monster all make sense in one story?) It was awfully sweet. Now they are asleep and it will start all over again tomorrow.

No comments: