Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Relief

The 7 days of waiting are over!! As of midnight last night, the parent's rights were ended! We have our meeting to finalize the foster care paperwork in 2 weeks (we're going to WV next week), which will transfer us over to an adoption social worker. So, really the boys are sortof in limbo....not adopted yet, and still have their last name, but now we don't have to worry about any visits with any of the biological family, and don't have to worry about the parents really at all.

STRANGELY enough, the parents showed up at social services today. Our SW was like "what in the world?! They better not try and change their mind now!" Although legally, it was too late, they could've fought it. But no, they were there to show our social worker their new baby. How totally random. The only thing they asked about the boys was whether or not Ken and I knew they had relinguished their rights. Random...

But such a RELIEF. When I tucked in James and Nathanael tonight, I told them how much mommy and daddy loved them and how happy we were to be their parents and how proud we were of them. I think it was the first time I actually called them "my sons". I almost sounded weird to me, but good!

It will still be approx 6 months until the adoption is final, but we are well on our way!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meg and Ken: Was so glad to hear this news! I guess prayers are answered. Hope to see you on Sunday for Taylor's b-day! Love to all, Aunt Kathy

Kelly Miller said...

Woohoo!! I knew as soon as they signed the paperwork that you were homefree but what a huge relief to know that your children are now legally safe with you. I totally know that feeling! Congratulations to the whole family!

Robin said...

Meg, that's great news!!!