Sunday, August 3, 2008

Over the weekend

Nothing overly exciting to report, just updating you on the boys. Let's see - Nathanael had a great week overall with his potty training. He went to daycare and all evening activities in underware. He had an an accident at daycare twice. And that's it. I thought that was pretty good for his first week! Don't want to jinx myself though!

Friday morning, I was getting the boys dressed, and I swear James is growing out of things like crazy! I put on 3 different pairs of socks that were too small. I said "you are grwoing like a weed!" almost immediately, James relpied with "I need my own lawnmower." I thought that was pretty clever of him to think of - so I cracked up of course and so he added that he also needed his own weedwacker...the sillly little things in life are sometimes the funniest.

Yesturday (Saturday), Ken was working, so I took the boys to San-Lee Park. Their favorite (and my least favorite) part was looking at the snakes - yuck! Nathanael had a pretty rough fall and had a quarter-sized goose-egg on his forehead. He got running down a steep hill and his body was going faster than his feet and he just flew forward and practically bounced off his head. Good thing he's strong-willed. After a little crying, we stayed and hiked the trails a little more until it was too hot to stay. We left and went to the Sanford Flea Market and met my friend Bev there. We got some fresh fruit - the boys nawed on peaches, and then they played on the "real life choochoo", followed by running around in the water fountain. THat was the most fun - it was HOT. Then we went over to Cafe 121 that my friend Gregg owns and we got fruit smoothies - then home for a long nap!!

And lastly, Cooper is officially eating solids. Not everything of course, but peaches, crackers, french fries, cookies. He didn't like scrambled eggs or peas, but we'll try them again.

No comments: