Tuesday, August 21, 2007

One Week Delay

The past few days have been crazy! I've been on the phone with everyone I know spreading the good news. So many people have been so wonderful in helping me with advise and with baby items - clothes, car seats, an infant playmat, a crib mobile...all kinds of wonderful gifts. Ken and I are so blessed!

We have realized that our car will not fit 3 carseats, so this week we are car shopping, and daycare hunting so that we'll have a place lined up when I have to go back to work.

I talked with the boys'aunt today and she said that although the grandmother is sad, she is okay since she knows the boys are coming to us. The aunt told me that the boys' SW felt the Holy Spirit when she came into our house the first time, and she knew we were the ones.

Here's an update - the grandmother has polio and goes to a polio convention/reumion every year, and it is this week. So...getting the boys has been pushed back one week bc the SW told her she'd be able to take them. I'm not happy about that, but it's okay - I know they are coming home soon. It also turns out that it is Nathanael's LEG that IS broken. The first x-rays didn't show anything, but three days later he wasn't walking, so they went back to the doc and now he has on a cast up to his knee and he scoots around on his little butt.

Baby Taylor - I talked to his foster mom tonight. She's like a grandma, she was so sweet. She said we're just going to fall in love with him. She said he eats every 4 hours, but only 2 ounces, or else he'll throw up. He's now just over 7 pounds. She said he has a temper - when he's hungry - he's hungry!! He wakes up from 3 - 5 am every night. As far as his cocaine withdrawls...he cried in his sleep, and he twitches and shakes when he's awake. The foster mom took him to be evaluated to see if they could give him something to help, but he slept the whole time, so they really couldn't evaluate him. We'll take him back. She said he claws at his face and eyes, so we'll need to keep mittens on his hands. She said for the most part, he's happy...smiles, coos - but does have crying outburst, which are part of his cocacine cravings. I could her him cry over the phone, it was the sweatest sound you could ever hear.

I can't wait!!

No comments: