Thursday, August 30, 2007

Who Invented Our Judicial System??

Wouldn't you know it...our visitation got put off again. May I remind you the boys have no water at where they are staying? The sw called at 4:15 saying that they had been in court all day (didn't even know they were going to be in court today) and the boys were cranky. So, totally understandable. I told her we could do it anytime tomorrow. I asked her what happened in court, and basically the bio parents would not admit to abandoning James and Nathanael. They tried to do a 'plea bargin' type of thing, but they didn't take it bc they knew it meant jail time. I'm not exactly sure what they admitted to about Taylor and the cocaine, but the hospital will be able to prove that. Since they would not admit to anything, the judge said they'd all have to come back in the morning and they would have a trial. Now this is not the criminal trial, but just the child protective services part of it. The sw is not available tomorrow or Saturday, so now she's saying she'll tell the g-ma to bring them to us Sunday for an unsupervised visit. This is so crazy. Okay..so we know the bio mom was on crack at the time she gave birth - shouldn't there be drug charges? The bio parents told the sw they wanted to meet us. Negative Ghost Rider. I know I can't change anything, or make anything go a certain way, but I still have a stomach ache, can't concentrate, can't think about anything but the boys. I felt so convicted last night that instead of hoping the parents would just disappear, I should be praying for them to be saved, but I just can't bring myself to it. I do believe in second chances for people...but this is ridiculous!!

G-ma reported that James, age 21/2 (33 months), is 36 inches tall and 32 pounds.
Nathanael is 27 months old, 34 inches tall and 23 pounds.
Can someone please help me here...I've found several growth charts on-line that are showing me different percentages. Where are they? We bought car seats today (thanks dad!) based on g-ma's weight reports.

No comments: