Thursday, August 23, 2007

Shopping

I am exhausted! We did minivan and daycare shopping today. After calling every daycare in Sanford, we found one that can take all 3 boys. We found several that had a spot either in the infant, 1 or 2 year old room, but only one that had vacancies in all 3. Luckily, we like it. It is the montessouri (sp?) daycare. We liked the owner, there are some other foster children there, and there seems to be plenty of staff. It was very orderly. It's close to Ken's work, so we'l have to alternate days to tranport them I guess!

Now, minivan shopping - that was hard!! It's just so hot here in right now that the sun just takes it out of you. We've narrowed it down to the Honda Odysey or the Toyota Sienna. We'll do some test drives after work tomorrow. We also want to check out one more used car lot.

I forgot to post yesturday about this feeling I had at church on Wednesday. We had just watched "Facing the Giants" with our church group this weekend, and in that movie, the wife talks about missing someone you've never even met (she was trying to get pregnant). That's how I felt Wednesday...I miss Taylor, I really feel like he needs his mama, and I haven't even seen him yet. James and Nathanael we've met...but it's the same thing...it just feels like they are supposed to be here and time can't go fast enough to see them again.

2 comments:

Great Aunt Lucy said...

Meg and Ken: Hurray! Hurray, Hurray! Congratulations to all. I'm so happy for your new family. Plus it makes me a Great Aunt, which is marvelous.

When do you think the boys will be ready for the "swarm of the Potterfields". You probably should start out saying "on their wedding days!"

We'll await your OK for the Stecs to meet the trio.

Love to you both,
Lucy (the great aunt)

Amy said...

I can't wait to fill up that new minivan with goodies!!