Friday, August 17, 2007

They ARE the Chosen Ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The phone rang at 2:28 pm. I was sitting at my desk and saw that it was our SW's number. I was so scared - why was she calling so quickly? I thought they'd made a quick decision against us. But instead, she said, "I wanted to call and tell you right away that we just got out of a team meeting and we've decided to let the boys be placed with you." I just started crying. I told her thank you so much. She said that after looking at the parents' history, it may look like a future adoption situation after all, but to of course remember that reunification is always a possibility.

Right as I hung up the phone, Angela, our finance manager walked in and I just started bawling. "We got the boys" I screamed and she screamed and she ran and got Sue, and she screamed, and then I went down to hall to tell Julie and we all squealed and cried. (Oh yeah...I did call and tell Ken before I went shouting down the halls!! He was like "no way.") So then other staff that had no clue was coming out...what's going on? I told them we'd been trying to adopt/be foster parents and we just found out we're getting three...they were all happy and were like "we gotta have a baby shower!"

So a little later, the boys' SW called and said she wanted to be the one to tell me! I thanked her so much for everything. So the plan is....we get to see James and Nathanael this Wednesday for a supervised visit, then they get to spend the night with us next Friday, and then their SW will bring them to us on August 27th or 28th. Two weeks later, she will bring us the baby. That gives us a little tiime to get situated with the 2 older ones.

Taylor is now about 4 1/2 weeks old and has gone from 5 pds 2 ounces, to 7 pounds, 6 ounces. So he's eating well, which is great.

Our lives are about to change!!!

No comments: